BuddyDev

Search

Rating / voting plugin

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Simon Parker on #4748

Hi. i see in a 2010 post you mentioned you would be creating a image rating plugin.

do you ahve any version of this done? i can see no mention in the forums anywhere and i really want to ahve this implemented soon as i can.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4750

Hi Simon,
    The addon I talked was for BP Gallery. The MediaPress an BP Gallery are different.

There are two options possible with MediaPress

1. You can select any of the existing WordPress post rating and we can easily integrate with a few lines of code.

2. Or I am checking with @ravisharma, he was working on the rating plugin for MediaPress, so I will update you where he is at the moment.

• Participant
    Simon Parker on #4819

Hi

did you get any reply from @ravisharma regarding this. I am hoping to do this today now but want to know if a solution is almost here or to do it myself.

Could you advise what the few lines of code would be to use for example this rating plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/multi-rating/

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4820

Hi Simon,
    Please wait for it. He is about to complete it and It should be available by late today or latest tomorrow.

For the time being, Please put this code in your bp-custom.php to enable multi rating.

function buddydev_custom_use_multi_rating() {
    	if ( function_exists( 'mr_filter_the_content' ) ) {
    		echo mr_filter_the_content('');
    	}
    }
    add_action( 'mpp_after_single_media_content', 'buddydev_custom_use_multi_rating' );

And in the multi rating setting, Please enable it for media. Now, You can visit single media page and rate.

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Simon Parker on #4822

Thats great. i will look forward to seeing the plugin. i will play with this for now but if someone has made a specific plugin for mediapress that will hopefully be much better than what i could achieve

• Participant
    Simon Parker on #4885

Any update on this? did he manage to finish the plugin?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4892

Hi Simon,
    Yes, We have an update available. Please download it from here and give it a try
    https://github.com/mediapress/mpp-media-rating

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved