BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Really need to lose the "mediapress" slug!

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nauti Admin on #879

Need to change to this to “media” having the name of the plugin as the slug is bad for us… and probably is for most people

• Participant
    Nauti Admin on #880

found solution here: https://buddydev.com/mediapress/topics/api-guides/configuring-mediapress-internals/

Thank you very much

If you allow flexibility like this, your plugin will be very popular very fast…. I’m a fan and very grateful for your work!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #881

Hi Nauti,
    Currently you can do it via bp-custom.php

if ( ! defined( 'MPP_GALLERY_SLUG' ) ) {
            define( 'MPP_GALLERY_SLUG', 'xyz' );
    	}

It is there to avoid slug conflict if you are already using an existing gallery plugin. As mentioned above, you can change it from bp-custom.php and in future, I will provide a setting option to do the same.

Hope that helps.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #882

Oops, I was replying while you already found the solution.

You are fast 🙂

• Participant
    Nauti Admin on #883

this function will correctly change the slug but breaks styling and page scrolling. Also

define( ‘MPP_GALLERY_SLUG’, ‘media’);//rename mediapress to album

Thoughts? Seen this before yet?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #884

“media” is used internally and is reserved, please use “gallery”, “album” , “photos” etc.

Please do note that following are reserved and might have side effects. reserved names
    1. media
    2. photo, audio,video,docs( Any media type should be considered reserved)
    3. ‘manage’, ‘edit’, ‘delete’, ‘change-cover’ these are action names and should be avoided too

You can use photos(note the s) or videos etc or even gallery/album or anything except the above 5. In any case, do not use ‘media’ at all. It is registered as an end point and has very special meaning. The behaviour is unpredictable for media.
    Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Nauti Admin on #893

I really like where you are heading with this plugin, how can I help you? May I send a donation or something to help you?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #896

Hi Nauti,
    Thank you. I appreciate the generosity.

You are already helping by reporting bug, suggesting features. It all helps. Please keep the ideas coming and do let me know if you find any bug or anything that can help us make it better 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Really need to lose the "mediapress" slug!’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved