BuddyDev

Search

Recent Visitor Plugin – Notification possibility?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Stefan on #52197

*as to my 2nd point:

I just realized there are 2 plugin settings already inside the “Notification Preferences” tab:

– “Recieve Notification on new profile visits?” +
    – “Recieve Notification on new profile visits by email?”

So it would make even more sense to add the “Show My Profile Visits” (Please note, If you enable the visitors recording, your visits to others profile will be visible too. ) option from the “Recent Visits” tab to those above (to save a tab and also to have all user options together in one place)

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52206

Hi Stefan,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

1. The notifications are already there and will be visible as you have expected. Please ensure that there are some notifications for the logged user.

2. The “Show My Profile Visits” is not directly related to notification. It is about displaying of the user in the visitors list. It is more of a privacy setting than the notification and that’s why we have kept it as different place. Though I don’t see any harm in providing site admins the option to determine where they want it to appear in our future version.

I hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Stefan on #52216

Hi Brajesh,
    thanks again for your reply 🙂

1. I just checked again, and there are no notifications when a user visits another users profile. I tried with several users and visited others but no one gets a notification displayed in their

a: notification dropdown or
    b: on their notification page.

I turned on the “Recieve Notification on new profile visits?” preference but still no notifications get shown.

I would like a user to see a notification when another user visited his profile in the menu notification dropdown (the icon bell in the header with notifications that also shows when a user has received messages, comments, likes, etc.). Currently nothing gets displayed as notification in it. The notification could read something like “XYZ has visited your profile”.
    If it does already according to the plugin then something is not working properly perhaps due to one of the latest BuddyBoss updates?

2. The reason why I want to show the “Show My Profile Visits” under the “Notification Preferences” tab is because the plugin already creates 2 entries there for Recent Visits. I would just like to make the “Account Settings” section as clean with as few tabs as possible. That is why it would be great to keep the entries together in the same notifiaction tab. If you could put them together/merge them that would amazing.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52223

Hi Stefan,
    1. For notification, It seems a setting issue. We add the following in the notification drop down

You have {number} new visits

or

{display name} visited your profile

The tokens represent dynamic value. The first version is used is there are more than 1 visitor notification.

Please review settings or disable user preference from admin settings to test it. I haven’t tested with latest BuddyBoss update. We will do it tomorrow and share the feedback too.

2. We do hope to do that though I personally don’t feel that notifications page is the right place for it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Stefan on #52226

Thanks for the reply Brajesh,

my aplogies. I found the correct setting “set-up” inside the plugins admin options.
    I can now see the notifications inside the menu dropdown as well as on the notification page, so you dont need to check that anymore. Thats great!

However, I just realized that the notification is turned off out of the box. To be clear, when I check users “Account Settings” – “Notification Preferences” then recent visits notification is always off. Users need to manually turn them on first.

Is there any way to have it on from the start?

One possible solution: Would be great to have this setting in “BuddyBoss” – “Settings” – “Notifications” and then under the notification type, admin can pre-select/turn off or on several notification settings for users right from the start. This way admin can already set it to on from the start. (It is the same section where admin can also pre-select to turn on/off email/web or app notification for messages, comments etc.)
    Otherwise I need to inform each user to do it manually which is not the preferred way.

Is it possible to add it to the “BuddyBoss” – “Settings” – “Notifications” – “Notification type” section?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52230

Hi Stefan,
    Thank you.

About default notification, we are going to add it in our next update for sure.
    It may take us 2-3 weeks to release it though.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved