BuddyDev

Search

Recent visitors – record anonymous profile visits

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Jan Vasek on #28032

Hi there, please, it is possible record anonymous visits?

Now, plugin record visits logged users only. I would like to record visits profile from anonymous users…

It is possible?

Thank you
    Jan

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28038

Hi Jan,
    Thank you for the question.

No, The plugin is not capable of recording non logged users. We store user id to relate and show later.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Jan Vasek on #28056

Thank you for answer.

And there is way how to change it? Some custom dev for this? Or exist plugin for this? Count members profile visits? I need to have unique visits / day and count each display of member page.

Thank you
    Jan

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28082

Hi Jan,
    If your goal is to count all visits(including non logged), You can do it on wp_head action by checking bp_is_user()

The problem is if you count each visit, the size of table will grow exponentially.

Currently, in the plugin, we keep 1 log for the relation where x- visits y and update the visit count/last visited date. We also keep a total count of the visitors.

For your use case, if who visited is not important, you may keep a count for 30 days or so using meta instead and clean after 30 days using cron.

Personally, I think what you are looking for is more like analytics for user. I do not think I have seen any existing plugin for this purpose.

The recent visitors plugin is not suitable for the analytics job.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved