BuddyDev

Search

Redirect auto logged out users to frontpage on next visit to site

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #47070

Hi there, if users have been inactive for a while, they are logged out of WordPress.

I don’t know if this issue is BP or WP related, but it is a very important issue, because you risk to loose your users, to whom your site is not working.

The generel problem is, that they are redirected to the frontpage to login again, because the logged in user url is in the browsers url, no matter if the page is refreshed, like this example.

https://domain.com/username//notifications/

This returns a Page can not be found, and ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS.

So users have to clear and rewrite the site url domain.com to open the frontpage to login.

This is not very convenient for the user, who can’t see through, why the page is not working, because the url is not responding. Especially if your users are using a PWA, where the url is hidden.

The solution would be, to redirect auto logged out users to frontpage on next visit to site, instead of receiving an error, and having to clear url first.

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47075

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for the question.

BuddyPress does a proper redirect if you refresh and login. Are you using any custom plugin for login? It is probably related to that. Please try disabling any custom login feature and check this again.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #47255

Hi Brajesh, sorry for not seeing your reply before now, I don’t think I was notified about that.

I have the following plugins activated related to login:
    BP Auto Login on Activation, BuddyPress Login Redirect to Profile, and Osom Modal Login.

I have now deactivated Osom Modal Login to see if this is causing the issue.

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47268

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for the update. Please keep me informed of the result.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved