- KerryMusic on August 28, 2019 at 11:06 pm #25051
I would like to let user to easily to remember the link as their username e.g. fb/ig also
I found whole help from buddypress also no solution how to do? if I cannot do this, is it possible to create a post/page that is http://SITE.com/username then redirect to their gallery?
I can do this manually if possible!!!!!!
- KerryMusic on August 29, 2019 at 1:10 am #25052
OR Can I have the user profile Link without the “members”????
so the profile is http://cover.y-popstyle.com/yoyo/
- Brajesh Singh on August 29, 2019 at 10:18 pm #25084
Sorry for the delayed reply.
Do you want the 2nd part of the slug to be different for each user? That will mean using root profile. BuddyPress supports Root Profile.
If it is only about redirecting a fixed page say example.com/abc to logged in user’s gallery, we can easily accomplish that by a few lines of code.
Please let me know and I will assist.
- KerryMusic on August 29, 2019 at 10:46 pm #25087
I want the profile Link without “members”, I dont want to redirect.
I want something http://cover.y-popstyle.com/user >> will be the profile page.
That is call Root Profile ?
- Brajesh Singh on August 29, 2019 at 10:56 pm #25088
Yes, they are called root profile.
Please put this in your bp-custom.php
define( 'BP_ENABLE_ROOT_PROFILES', true );
That will do it.
- KerryMusic on August 29, 2019 at 11:01 pm #25091
Yeah, I put there and it work , thanks so much!
so is it possible to have a menu that call myGallery will point to the root link ??
- Brajesh Singh on August 30, 2019 at 12:26 am #25100
add a custom link in the menu and use http://yoursite.com/me
That will take logged in user to their profile.
You can also use htttp://yoursite.com/me/xyz to point to loggedinuser’sprofile/xyz
Hope that helps.
- KerryMusic on August 31, 2019 at 2:42 am #25124
Yeah, that perfect. I can point to that.
So that menu can use “me” as the login user
Below Media List also have the attribute also can list the logged in user media list only????? I cannot find any can do this
[mpp-list-media list=me] something this?
- Brajesh Singh on September 1, 2019 at 2:44 pm #25138
Please see the “for” option
- KerryMusic on September 1, 2019 at 2:55 pm #25141
OKOK thanks ! I see it
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.