BuddyDev

Search

Registration filds

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Cap Luis on #25391

Can I populate buddypress profile fields in the registry simply with the field key?

If I get a third-party form that registers wordpress users, if I map the exact fields of buddypress would I be able to fill in these fields with this specific form?

Or is that not so simple?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25394

Hi Cap,
    Thank you for the question.

I do not see a proper solution available. I do see that there are options to allow the reverse(sync BuddyPress field to WordPress User meta) like this
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp2wp-full-sync/

But there are no plugin currently available to od it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Cap Luis on #25436

How could I do this with hooks, sorry to disturb you, I’m a layman and I’m looking to learn how to do it, I contacted the wcfm guys and they said I can fill the xprofile fields with hooks, I register on the form from wcfm and automatically fill in the xprofile data.

This would be the code

You have write your code on this hook – do_action (‘wcfm_membership_registration’, $ member_id, $ wcfm_membership_registration_form_data);

Here you will receive all data from Vendor registration form. Now save what you want to save in x-profile.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25443

Hi,
    If you know the BuddyPress field id or label that you want to map, you can use

xprofile_set_field_data($id_or_field_name, $member_id, "value" );

Please make sure to change the $id_or_field_name and “value” with appropriate values.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Cap Luis on #25476

Forgive my ignorance, where should I use it? would it be a snippets?

Just create one for each field I need to map?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved