BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] registration form

• Participant
    andrea on #10358

Good morning,
    I do not understand how to see new group with fields in the registration form. Now I can only see the fields I insert into Base (*). I have created other groups and would like to see the group name as a STEP name for a MULTISTEP registration form.
    How can I do?
    Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10379

Hi Andrea,
    Currently, BuddyPress only shows the members of the first profile field group on the registration page.

You can still achieve your goal by modifying the register.php.

Does your theme have buddypress/members/register.php file? If not, please copy plugin/buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/register.php to your theme/buddypress/members/register.php

Now, if you look into this file, you will see a line like this

<?php if ( bp_is_active( 'xprofile' ) ) : if ( bp_has_profile( array( 'profile_group_id' => 1, 'fetch_field_data' => false ) ) ) : while ( bp_profile_groups() ) : bp_the_profile_group(); ?>

Please change that to

<?php if ( bp_is_active( 'xprofile' ) ) : if ( bp_has_profile( array( 'fetch_field_data' => false ) ) ) : while ( bp_profile_groups() ) : bp_the_profile_group(); ?>

We are effectively saying BuddyPress to load all groups on registration page.

After that, you can use any javascript wizard plugin to make it multi step registration.

PS: if you do not want to load all the profile field groups and want to show only specific, you will have to use the “exclude_groups” parameter(There is no include groups for multiple field groups) in the bp_has_profile() args.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] registration form’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved