BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Registration Popup not working

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Monica Monroe on #232

I installed the plugin and put in on my site: pods.plantpurenation.com in the menu I added the class to the link (Login) and I also commented about the Magnific.js that was being used by my theme and nothing doesn’t seem to solve the problem.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #233

Hi Monica,
    welcome to BuddyDev forum and thank you for posting it here.

can you please un comment the line you had commented in your theme and post the code of that line here?

I can confirm that you have added the proper class to login link, the only issue I see now is Magnific popup is not loading for some reason. please enable that and drop me a line here.

thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Monica Monroe on #234

Hey Brajesh,

Thanks for getting back to me the line is below:

wp_enqueue_script(‘klein-magnific-popup’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/js/jquery.magnific.popup.js’, array( ‘jquery’ ), KLEIN_VERSION , true );

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #235

Hi Monica,
    Thank you for the prompt reply.

I just noted on the site that you are not using Ajax registration plugin. you are using ajax registration shortcode plugin? Is that right?

Can you please disable the ajax registration shortcode and use the ajax registration plugin instead. you can download a copy from here.
    https://buddydev.com/downloads/buddypress-ajax-registration/versions/bp-ajax-registration-1-1-8.zip

Appreciate your patience with me.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Monica Monroe on #236

Deactivated I only downloaded when I noticed this one wasn’t working… but i’ve deactivated it.

M

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #237

Thank you. Now everything is going in right direction. We have got the class and loaded proper js.

I checked and js is loading, so the last issue remaining is disabling one of the magnific popup js file from being loaded.

Now, if you can re comment that last line( what you posted just comment again, we will have a conflict free version). Please do check in the theme (where the line we are trying to comment if there is any other script which has dependency on ‘klein-magnific-popup’) . In case there is a dependency, we can simply comment the same from our plugin instead.

I am sorry that you have to go through so much trouble, I just wished either the theme authors used common script handle name or provided a better way to disable the dependency.

Please comment and drop me a line. I am looking forward to check it soon.

• Participant
    Monica Monroe on #238

I commented out this line:

// Magnific Popup
    //wp_enqueue_style( ‘klein-magnific-popup’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/css/magnific.popup.css’, array(), KLEIN_VERSION );

and this one as well.

// Magnific Popup
    //wp_enqueue_style( ‘klein-magnific-popup’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/css/magnific.popup.css’, array(), KLEIN_VERSION );

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #239

Hi Monica,
    That seems to make it working for now. There is a delay in loading the form. You can remove the delay by visiting Settings->BuddyPress->settings and disable ajax loading.

If you note any problem( It may happen due to js, please do let me know). I will be happy to assist.

• Participant
    Monica Monroe on #240

Am i unchecking the box that says enable Ajax loading form? Because it’s not loading for me after checking or unchecking it.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #241

Hi Monica,
    is the popup not appearing for you?

Here is what I see when I click Login on your site
    http://i.imgur.com/MflsQC2.png

Can you please confirm?
    Also, Now, It is not loading via ajax, so is much faster. Please let me know which browser you are using? Also, Please make sure that you are logged out of the site when clicking on the link.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Registration Popup not working’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved