BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Registration spinner continuously spins and never registers the new user.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Derek Jones on #15356

BuddyPress Ajax Registration

I haven’t modified anything yet. This is virtually out of the box. I originally downloaded because I was having trouble with the BuddyPress registration page due to a security plugin “Authorizer” https://wordpress.org/plugins/authorizer/. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15357

Hi Derek,
    Thank you for purchasing the plugin.

It is most probably happening due to json response getting tainted by some misbehaving plugin/code.

Please point me to the site and I can quickly check and assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Derek Jones on #15360

https://www.sharecarenetwork.org/production/1525140860426/

This is a link to the staging site.

I will also need to be able to approve site members before they gain access to the site.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15362

For approval, you should use BuddyPress Registration Option plugin.
    I am looking at the site now.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15363

Tried registering, The site is throwing internal server error. That means, I am unable to find the reason from outside.

Will you be able to provide me a temporary admina cocunt? Also, is this site live in production or is it a development version?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Derek Jones on #15365

I used another plugin to create a staging environment. The staging site lives inside the production folder.

What type of permission will you require?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15366

Ok. I will need access to activate deactivate plugin/themes and ability to edit plugin files. From your first reply, I can see that ou were facing error with registration.

Internal server error means, there is a problem with the signup process itself. something is hooking incorrectly or doing something erroneous. Also, if possible, Please enable WP_DEBUG, That can give us complete log.

In fact, please enable WP_DEBUG and let me know, it might provide us the clue. If it did not, only then I will need access.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Derek Jones on #15367

Your test account made it through. Not sure if that is any help.

Now that you say that, I wonder if the BP template overload plugin has anything to do with the issue? Strangely enough, the registration error started occurring with the Buddypress update.

Give me a moment and I can give you access.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15368

Thank you. That means, the account registered but something happened after that.
    Please do not grant any access to that account. That uses a temporary email service for testing.

I am writing my own email in next reply that you may use for adding me to the site if needed.

Some plugin might have compatibility issue with BuddyPress 3.0. let us see what the debug says.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15369
    This reply has been marked as private.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Registration spinner continuously spins and never registers the new user.’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved