Search

[Resolved] Remove sidebar on Buddypress Profile page

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jay Anderson on #2648

Hello,

I’m using the Divi Theme by Elegantthemes.com

I’m looking to remove the sidebar from the buddypress profile pages for the user and make it fullwidth.

I can go in and make the members page and group pages fullwidth by selecting page layout but I don’t have that option for the default pages. (profile page)

If you have any ideas I would be greatly appreciative.

Jay

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2649

Hi Jay,
    I am sorry but I am not familiar with Divi theme, so Can’t help much there.

The only thing I can point is you need to hide the sidebars on condition bp_is_user(). If they have some type of hook for it, please do let me know and I can supply some code.

Btw, a simple solution to make all BuddyPress pages use single column layout will be copying your page template which has no sidebar and naming it buddypress.php

Hope that helps a little bit.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Robert Staddon on #5789

Hello Jay,

I encountered the same issue as you experienced. The solution that I used was to create a buddypress.php file in my child theme to remove the sidebar. Then I used a function in my functions.php to cause the Divi styles to display the page full width. It wasn’t that hard and only involved a few lines of code. I put more details in a blog post at http://abundantdesigns.com/2016/07/28/remove-the-divi-sidebar-from-buddypress-and-bbpress-pages/

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5799

Hi Robert,
    Thank you for posting and linking. Good to have a solution.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Remove sidebar on Buddypress Profile page’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved