BuddyDev

Search

Renaming Existing Group Label

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    CK Ny on #33808

Need help with the group tabs plugin, I would like to use this to rename specific tabs in specific groups. How do you select which existing tab you are editing and where do you put the new tab name. Is there a place to enter the new group name?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33810

Hi,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.

In order to select a tab, you will need to use the “slug” of the tab.

Please see this page(there is a screenshot at the top showing how to select the slug)
    https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-group-tabs-creator-pro/modifying-label-repositioning-existing-group-tab/

When you select the “Update Label”, the title is used as new Tab label(if it is confusing, we can add a new label option).

Please give it a try and let me know.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    CK Ny on #33811

I tried it but the slug can only be used once so if you want the activity to be renamed differently for different groups it doesn’t seem to work. Did I miss something? If you can make it easier that would be good.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33812

Hi,
    I see the issue here. You need multiple entries as you want to have different confirm for different set of groups. Please allow me the weekend and I will make sure to update the plugin. We have been planning change in a way the slug and label is being used and this is an opportunity to bring that change.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    CK Ny on #33864

Checking in… did we get a solution yet?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33865

Hi,
    Thank you for checking in.

I have added support for this in the plugin. Will be uploading in couple of hours today and writing back.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33891

Hi,
    Thank you for the patience.

Please upgrade to 1.1.2 and let me know if it works for you or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    CK Ny on #33898

It worked. Thank you. Question, if I want to hide an existing tab can I simply assign a css element that has a display:none attribute, i’m using a javascript that tests the address and hides elements, but wandering if this is possible/ better to use for that also.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33901

Thank you for confirming.

If your goal is to keep the functionality but hide the tab, then css is the best suited option.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved