BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Replace text on tabs with icons

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #28404

Hi Brajesh, I would like to replace the text on my tabs with icons, and I came across an old topic, where you helped a member with a code, to add icon options to his theme.

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/buddypress-tabs-creator-pro-icon-options/

I’m using the GeneratePress theme, and I don’t know if it is easy to achieve with this theme also, but I would be happy to receive a code for my theme as well?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28409

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for the question.

Does your theme support icons for profile tab? I helped on that topic as their theme supported it and I only had to help him with specifying icon code.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #28412

Hi Brajesh, I will check that out, thanks

• Participant
    calu on #28416

Hi again, I got this answer from my theme support, does this help?:

“GP doesn’t do anything special for BuddyPress. There are also no icons built-in other than the ones needed in the theme (menu toggle, drop down arrow etc).

If BuddyPress’s support can provide a solution that works with a twenty series WP theme, the same method should apply to GP as well.”

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28418

Hi Carsten,

Since your theme does not support it, I am unable to assist you with this. The efforts needed is beyond our support.

You may want to check our Community Builder theme(Freely available) and see if it can help in anyway.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #28421

Hi Brajesh, thanks, its not clear if my theme supports this or not, but as the developer wrote, if it works with twenty series WP theme, it should work with my the also.

I have to investigate this further and find a solution with the theme developer.

Can I ask you to please clarify which #your-custom-id, you are referring to in this code, and where I find this?

div#item-nav ul #your-custom-id a:before {
        content: "\f24d"; /*replace the code with icon code from front awesome*/
    }

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28422

Hi Carsten,
    BuddyPress does not offer tab icons out of the box. That’s why I meant in my previous reply.

The above code is for a theme which supports icons and I am providing an example on how to use the code for an icon.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #28423

Hi Brajesh, yes I understand, thanks

• Participant
    calu on #28425

Another approach is this, from an 9 years old topic, would it work today?

https://buddypress.org/support/topic/icons-next-to-navigation/

Thanks
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28479

Hi Carsten,
    no, That won’t work.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Replace text on tabs with icons’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved