Please how can I enable buddypress users to verify their account password before they are allowed to delete their account.
There should be a form of security confirmation before a user proceeds to delete his account.
1. the user clicks delete account on the setting page
2. user inputs his current password in the password input field(for security confirmation)
3. user clicks the (delete account) button to successfully delete account
4. If the password is wrong then the delete request should not be submitted followed by an error message
This password confirmation field is currently available in settings > general to change new email or password.
This feature could be helpful in various situations like logging in to buddypress account on a public cafe or laptop and forgetting to logout and another person(evil for unknown reasons) decides to delete your account, the password confirmation can prevent this.
- This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Tosin.
Thank you for the idea. I do like it.
I did check the BuddyPress settings template and I don’t see any way(unless using js) to inject a field for entering password.
That means, the settings template will need to be modified by the user. That’s why a generic plugin is not feasible currently.
I and my team will be glad to post a blog post about it and share how to accomplish the same using some code(with how to modify settings page).
Will that work for you?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.