BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Required fields and Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Petra on #4294

Hi,
    first of all…thank you for such an amazing plugin! Really great job.
    Now to my issue.
    I am creating a dating website where I have Man, Woman and Couple profiles. I am using your plugin Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress which is brilliant, except one problem. For Man and Woman I am using the same fields, but for Couple I had to add extra Partner’s fields. All fields I have are required fields. When I try to register as a Couple, it works fine, but when I want to register as a Woman and press Complete Sign Up button, it doesn’t process it ( as there are still required fields not filled in although they are hidden). If I make those extra Partner’s fields Not required, it works ok, but then there is a risk, that couples will leave those fields empty, which I don’t want.
    Any idea what to do? Thanks a lot!

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #4296

Hi Petra,

Welcome to BuddyDev. Can you please provide me the screen-shot of your fields settings in backend. It will be good to look into this issue.

Thank You
    Ravi

• Participant
    Petra on #4297
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #4299

Hi Petra,

Please upload the file on http://imgur.com/ and Share the link.

Thank You
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4300

Hi Petra,
    It is not an issue with Conditional Profile field. BuddyPress does not allow registration if all the required fields are not filled on Registration page.

You will either need to move the partner field out of registration page(my moving to another field group) or make it non required. I am sorry for the trouble but it is the way how BuddyPress works. My advice is to avoid hiding required fields using conditional profile field.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Petra on #4304

Thanks for your quick answer and explanation. As I would still like those fields to be required, I will have to move them to another field group. You don’t have by any chance a plugin to Force users to fill required fields, similar to BP Force Profile Photo… I believe a lot of people would love that!!!
    Thanks again 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Required fields and Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved