BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Reset Password

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24700

Hi Brajesh,

I have the first site of my network up and running with existing Members starting to log in and post, it is going great.

I have an issue with reset password I hope you can help with. All the members need new passwords of course, when they fill in the form to reset their password they receive a link. Now I’m sure a few days ago that the link would let them enter the password they were sent and to choose a new password (entering it twice). But now it is looping to the same page and just re-sending them a new password every time.

I’m sure I have done something wrong. Many members are figuring out and managing to log in but some of them are finding it challenging. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24711

Hi Mike,
    Congratulations on getting your first site on the network running.

For the password issue, Can you please share me a sample url the users are receiving.

Is there any plugin you are using to customize login pages? Please let me know and I will assist.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24714

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks 🙂 I have only let a few VIP Members in at the moment but they are enjoying it. The free members will be invited after we have tested things more.

https://technicskeyboard.com/

Well, unfortunately, many plugins want to give me nice login (and registration etc) pages and so does my theme, but I only want one!

I’ll post a private reply.

Cheers,
    Mike

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24715
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24717

Hi Mike,
    It seems to me the issue is your Forget Password and reset password are set to the same page.

Please visit Settings->BuddyPress->Pages and check if that is the case? If that is, Please set them to different pages and it will be fixed.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24718

Ah I see… I thought they were the same thing!

But I can only find a place for reset password, where do I set forgot password? maybe it is in my theme?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24721

Hi Mike,
    My mistake. I was confused by something else. I checked my own settings on a local site with the branded login and can see there is only one page.

Please allow me couple of hours to test it and I will get back to you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24722
  • Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24723
  • Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24738

Hi Brajesh,

Did you have any ideas? Most members are doing fine but a few are looping around and really struggling.

many thanks,
    Mike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved