BuddyDev

Search

Restrict Email Domains

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jay Anderson on #2512

I’m not sure exactly what happened. The Teacher called me after the class and said that a few of the students were getting that.

I also have a support ticket in with WMPU.org about the registering process. I am getting some students not getting the template created and some not getting registered on the main site.

Maybe that has something to do with it.

I’ll let you know what they say.

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #2521

Hi Brajesh,

I was wondering if you know anything about this. The WPMU.org support suggested that it might be a server issue causing these problems.

Does this sound reasonable?

Jay

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2522

I am sorry but I don’t agree with that conclusion. Did they provide more details? What kind of server issue will cause this issue?

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #2527

That’s what I was thinking too. I couldn’t see the server being the issue.

All they said was it sounds like a server issue and to check the server logs and to enable debug mode. They seemed to think that because I am having the issues on all the Multisite networks that may by the reason for the server.

The problems only occur when I have a class registering. There are quite a few students registering from the same IP address in their lab. Maybe that’s why he’s thinking its a server issue?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2528

Are you using any of the security plugins that may be restricting registrations by ip?

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #2531

I am using Wordpfence and I will deactivate it and see how that goes.

Would Wordfence affect the following:

Other times I get a variety of issues:
    – Template doesn’t load and the student gets a basic Twenty fifteen template. (I then have to clone the template to the students site)

– Students will get a site but won’t be registered on the main site (buddypress). This will not allow the student to login on the main site.

– Student won’t get a site. (not 100% sure if they are registering properly, but it’s happening a fair bit)

– password will not work. (I believe this is due to not getting register properly on the main site.)

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2534

Is there any resource constraint? Template not getting cloned seems to be a server resource issue.

2nd issue is common in BuddyPress/Multisite. The user won’t get added to the man site. It still has nothing to do with the user login issue though.
    4th and 5th seems to be an issue with the way students are registering. If it was an issue it should have manifested for all users not for a few selected users.

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #2538

Is there something that can be done with the 2 nd issue of students not getting registered on the main site?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2540

Hi Jay,
    I have a post related to this
    https://buddydev.com/buddypress/adding-users-to-the-blog-on-which-they-register-in-a-buddypress-wordpress-multisite-based-social-network/

All you need to do is change this line

$blog_id = get_current_blog_id();

to

$blog_id = 1;

rest will remain same.

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #2544

This will guarentee that the students get logged into the main site? Will it affect them getting a site of their own in Multisite?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved