BuddyDev

Search

Restrict Usernames Emails Characters with Username Availability Checker?

• Participant
    Level: Master
    JohnnyNW on #26940

Hello.

Is there a code snippet (you mentioned on an earlier forum post) to get Username Availability Checker to work with Restrict Username Emails Characters plugin?

Restrict Username isn’t maintained, so if possible, it would be nice to have Username Availability Checker to respect Restrict Username Emails Characters plugin restrictions.

Thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26952

Hi,
    Thank you for the question.

I checked the Restrict Username Emails Characters plugin.
    It has too much convoluted code that does not allow any direct way to integrate.

We are unable to provide an integration with this.

regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #26969

Oh, okay. Well, I’ll have to brainstorm options. Thank you so much for looking into this.

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #28627

Worked on it the best I could…both plugins work great, except your’s doesn’t call their list, or at least see their listing for partial names not allowed, but instead your plugin uses $illegal_names = get_site_option( ‘illegal_names’ ); which ms-functions.php like line 605 in wp -includes directory.

So, I looked deeper, and noticed on your plugin username-availability-checker.php line 243

$illegal_names = get_site_option( 'illegal_names' );

and changed to $illegal_names = get_site_option( 'illegal_names' ) && 'names_limit_partial';

Now your plugin sees their list.

I got names_limit_partial from “Restrict Usenrames Emails Characters” from their page-setts.php line 211 'uid' => 'names_limit_partial',

Does this seem okay with you?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by JohnnyNW.
  • Participant
    JohnnyNW on #28630

Mmm, not quite working as expected.

Dang, really wanted this to recgonize the listing I made with Restrict Usernames Emails Characters.

Even tried

$illegal_names = get_site_option( 'illegal_names' && defined('names_limit_partial') && 'names_limit_partial');

But that doens’t work.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved