BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] search does not work in Group Activity

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Corrado Mazzola on #34185

Hi BuddyDev,

I’m using buddypress with BP-Nouveau and I’ve noticed that when I disable the custom front page for groups, the search function in the directory is not working, while is working if the custom front page is enabled. It is a bug? or there is another way to make it to work?

thank you
    Corrado

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34193

Hi Corrado,
    I do not think front has any thing to do with search. I will suggest switching themes/disabling plugins or any custom code and test it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Corrado Mazzola on #34200

Hi Brajesh

I’ ve done as you said and disabled all the plugins and I have no custom code, but kept BP-Nouvau and ocean wp theme and still it does not work. Unfortunately the only difference is that the “enabled/disabled custom front pages for groups” determines whether the search works or not.
    When I inspect the “search” in the activity group page the references are different dipending on the enabling of the Custom front pages for groups.
    Here is a link that shows which search buttons do not work : https://www.x-simili.it/booking/

Thank you so much
    Corrado

• Participant
    Corrado Mazzola on #34296

Hi Brajesh

Reading posts on buddypress support, I discover that other people has the same problem and that it produces an error 400 bad request. But no one in that forum seems to solve it. Can you take a look at it?

Thank you
    Corrado

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34389

Hi Corrado,
    My apologies for the inability to look into this.

I see that it was a bug as you reported on the trac and was fixed.

https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8386

Marking it resolved here.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] search does not work in Group Activity’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved