BuddyDev

Search

Selling Products Via BuddyPress Member Profiles Under A Multisite Installation

• Participant
    Roger on #51191

Hello, I am a new user of BuddyPress and wanted to check on the feasibility of the multisite project described below. If it’s possible and I am on the right track I plan to create the project.

1) I would like to use BuddyPress Multi Network to create multiple social networks on a single installation of BuddyPress. My goal is to allow users to join one or all of the different networks via their single sign-on using the Join Blog Widget. I think I can accomplish this using a fresh install of WordPress Subdomain Multisite install (current version 6.4), BuddyPress Multi Network 1.0.3 (multiblog enabled) and the Join Blog Widget 1.0.5 (I did see it has been tested up to WordPress Multisite 5.9). Am I correct?

2) I would like to allow my BuddyPress members to sell their own products and services via a tab on their BuddyPress profiles on one or all of the social networks that they join under the BuddyPress Multi Network.

As far as I know BuddyPress doesn’t have built-in e-commerce functionality therefore, I was planning to use WooCommerce along with a plugin like Dokan or WC Vendors to allow members to create their own frontend stores to manage their products, handle orders, process payments (using their own processor: paypal, stripe, etc.) and resolve customer service issues. I would then need to integrate their store into a tab on their BuddyPress profile(s) so that they could sell their products and services on one or more of the social networks that they joined under the BuddyPress Multi Network.

I think I can accomplish this using WooCommerce along with Dokan or WC Vendors. I think I may also need a separate plugin to integrate their store into a tab on their BuddyPress profile(s). Am I correct? If so, are you aware of a plugin I can use to integrate their store into a tab on their BuddyPress profile(s)?

Thank you for your guidance!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51210

Hi Roger,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

I believe WC Multi Vendor and Dokan both have support for selling from profile via their pro addons.

The problem you will face is showing products from one site on another site of the network. WooCommerce is specific to a site on the network and unless there is some explicit support(using switch_blog/restore_current_blog, You will have issues showing the products from one site on another.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved