BuddyDev

Search

SERVER SETUP – QUESTION

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #46099

Hello Brajesh

Ill like to ask some questions regarding minimum server requirements.

• Participant
    Tosin on #46100

What type of vps are you using for buddydev.com capable of handling 17k members, im considering migrating to vultr.com and im wondering where I should start from, i’m considering starting at

4vCPU, 8GB RAM, 6.00TB BANDWITH, 180GB SSD

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Henk Harms on #46105

Well if any to compare go to tradeshack.au
    It is a plugin heavy wordpress site, running buddypress with buddydev stuff and youzify.

Hardware:
    Ryzen 9 12core
    64GB ram
    2x2TB NVME

AlmaLinux V8

And I still feel it runs slow, just let me know what you think.

• Participant
    Tosin on #46107

OMG please Henk do you have any idea how many registered members they have

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46109

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the question.

We are using KnownHost. Please note that we have very limited number of external plugins and we stick with the basics.
    Also, since not too many users are online simultaneously, BuddyDev’s hosting requirement may not be the right way to plan for a community driven social site.

As Henk said, you should compare with some community sites.

@ Henk Harms

I had a look at your site and it has reasons to be slow. You are using WooCommerce, Tutor LMS, Elementor and a couple more larger plugins which are memory/resource hungry.

Also, you are using Youzify which is known for adding features at the cost of speed.

On your home page around 110 http request are happening with around 5MB of data load. That is going to cause delay.

As far as I can see both Tosin’s and your server configurations are fine as long as you make a balance between the plugins used, added some asset bundle/minifier and some caching solutions and considered continuous monitoring for load and keep repeating the process.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved