BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Set default group tab to Link Page To Groups page

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Janet Schaper on #12201

Hello,
    I’m using “link Page To Groups” plugin to add a page to the group. I want to have that page be the default group tab, but it’s not an option when I go to the settings. Is there a way to do this?
    Thanks,
    Janet

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12211

Hi Janet,
    I am sorry, I saw the topic marked as resolved and got mislead. It might have been a mistake by me or my team. I sincerely apologise for that. I have removed the resolved tag now.

Coming to your question:- The plugin allows you to set a default tab but the link added by the “Link Page To Groups” is not actual tab. It is just a link that leads to normal WordPress page.

I am sorry that the plugin is unable to help you in this scenario. If you do not plan to use the Default Group Tab plugin(as it does not seem to serve your purpose here), please let me know and I will issue a refund.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Janet Schaper on #12262

Hi Brajesh,

I realized that it’s not an actual tab after I tried it out and submitted the ticket. I am the one that marked it resolved. 🙂 I do have a question, though. Is there a way to have the link open in a new window?

Thanks,
    Janet

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12279

Hi Janet,
    Thank you 🙂

If we change this line
    https://github.com/buddydev/link-page-to-groups/blob/master/link-page-to-groups.php#L77

echo '<li class="bp-linked-group-page"><a href="' . get_permalink( $post ) .'">'. get_the_title( $post ).'</a></li>';

to

echo '<li class="bp-linked-group-page"><a href="' . get_permalink( $post ) .'" target="_blank">'. get_the_title( $post ).'</a></li>';

That will always open the link in new tab on click.
    Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Janet Schaper on #12311

Thank you, Brajesh! That works splendidly.

Janet

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12329

You are welcome 🙂

Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Set default group tab to Link Page To Groups page’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved