BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Setting Privacy in MediaPress

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Milo on #367

Hi Brajesh,
    In MediaPress when I check off ALL the privacy boxes everything works fine. When I only check off Private & Friends the actual privacy works fine but the image is no longer clickable. Meaning that the thumb is still there and I can see it but it is NOT clickable (it is no longer a link to the larger image).

I have the “BuddyPress Activity Privacy” plugin also set to Friends and Private only (however as I said MediaPress does work ok when I check off all of it’s privacy check boxes).

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #372

Hi Milo,
    I am looking at it right now. Will have an update about it soon.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #373

Hi Milo,
    I checked it. It is a side effect of the wall gallery being first public and then private.
    Here is what is happening:-

1. When your default privacy is public and you upload from activity a gallery is created with current default privacy( ‘public’) and set as wall gallery. We stored the id of this gallery in user meta to make it easier for future access.

Now, when you uncheck public, any public gallery will not be visible/available in the front end. Still when you upload, the script is just using that gallery id and moving the media to that public gallery.

Since the gallery is not visible publicly, the single link does not work from activity.

It is certainly a bug. Now, we have 2 ways to handle it:-

1.When uploading from activity, check if a wall gallery exists? If the status of wall gallery is not same as current default status, change the wall gallery status to current default status and move media to this gallery with the current status. Any old media inside the gallery will sustain their old status.

2. Or we check for the current status, if the wall gallery status is not same as the current status, we create a new gallery with current status and set it as wall gallery and move media here.

Which strategy is better? I am inclined towards the first one. Please let me know and I will have it in today’s update.

• Participant
    Milo on #374

Hi Brajesh,
    Yes I agree I think the first solution would be better.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #376

Hi Milo,
    I have fixed it.
    I went slightly different path.

When a media is uploaded to Wall gallery, we check if the status of wall gallery is valid. If it is valid, we let the media upload. If the status is invalid( caused by unchecking etc), we set the current default status as wall gallery status and allow media to be uploaded. That fixes our issue.

Here is reference to the fix
    https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/commit/21e9782c3623b486f5865b16704c7baa2cd8b192

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Milo on #377

Hi Brajesh,
    Yes this worked thank you

• Participant
    Milo on #378

Brajesh I decided to go with MediaPress all in so I purchased a membership to thank you for the extra help. I am also having a few Kleo compatability issues with it. Is there a way that I can contact you privately?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #379

Hi Milo,
    Thank you and welcome to the Premium Club.
    I have sent you a Pm with my email. Let us get in touch.

Marking this topic as resolved.

Thank you
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Setting Privacy in MediaPress’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved