BuddyDev

Search

Short code for edit post

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    RadRaven on #48345

Hello,
    Is there any shortcode for buddy blog pro for editing the post. I have created a template with elementor pro for single posts, Now I want a shortcode for the post author to see a post and edit directly from there… Is there any such short code?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48363

Hi,
    Thank you for the question.

I am sorry but I am not able to understand the question.

Do you need the shortcode to show “edit” link or do you need the shortcode for the “Edit form that shows the form”.

We have shortcode for create/edit form which can be used inside a pre-designated page(selected in your BuddyBlog Post Type settings).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    RadRaven on #48381

I need the edit post short code

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by RadRaven.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48383

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.
    It is specific to the post type.

Please visit Dashboard->BuddyBlog->Settings and click on the Tab for your post type( e.g Posts, etc).

Under the “Create” options, you will find shortcode specific to that post type which is usable if you select a Page as the target for creation/editing of the content.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    RadRaven on #48390

I don’t think you understood my point, I need a specific short code just to edit, the short code you mentioned take user to the post creation page…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48397

Hi,
    You can pass “post_id” as the parameter to the shortcode to allow it edit the the post.

E.g.

[bbl-create-by-post-type post_type="post" post_id=32]

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    FerCaldas on #48492

I Think the point here is: The edit function do not bring original post to edit. Simply opens up the creation page again, so you are forced to “recreate” the entire post if you want to change a single word, for example…

The post ID parameter, with the number of original post, have the same behaviour.

AND the principal issue is that even with the post_id Parameter on the link, the plugin creates another post

step by step:
    1 – https://imgur.com/hjEFDGi
    2 – https://imgur.com/HxJyyH3
    3 – https://imgur.com/BvvLIwc

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48493

Hi,
    I think you missed my point.

You have to pass the post id to the shortcode if you are not using the standard pages provided by BuddyBlog Pro.

Since you can not access the query parameter without code, You won’t be able to pass it. So, My suggestion is to use a standard page for editing and let BuddyBlog pro follow the workflow it is made for.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    FerCaldas on #48494

Hi!
    Thanks for your quick response.

where can I set the edit page inside the settings?
    Because if I set my new create-post page on “post creation section”, the plug-in will call this page when editing.
    There’s no option to setup one “edit-page” page on “Editing section”.

So, in other words I cannot setup another create page besides the standard?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by FerCaldas.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48496

Hi,
    BuddyBlog Pro uses same page for create/edit. All you need to do is to set a creation page(If You are using a standard page) and then allow user to edit their posts in the “Editing” section.

After that, Please copy the shortcode that is provided there and put it in the page instead of the one I have supplied above.

That will allow you to create/edit both.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved