BuddyDev

Search

shortcode to pre-populate content of a private message

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    xbladerunner on #45288

Hi. I’m looking for a way to pre-populate the content of buddypress private messages. Ideally, this would look like certain users having the ability to select from 2-3 different “frequently used messages” when composing a message to another user. I’m thinking the best way to go about it is to modify the code provided here: https://buddydev.com/buddypress-send-private-message-button-shortcode/ to add content to the message area. If I can then replicate this for each template desired, such that a separate short code exists for each message, the user could then click on “the button” of the message they would like to send.
    I need help identifying what code to add to allow the pre-populated content to be displayed.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45302

Hi,
    Thank you for the question.

Which theme and template pack are you using?

BP Nouveau will not support this feature as the last time I checked it was not checking query parameters for subject.

If you can tell us the theme/template pack, we can test if that is feasible.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    xbladerunner on #45377

Thanks Brajesh–
    I’m using the Buddypress Legacy template pack with a pretty old wordpress theme that I customized years ago and make minor adjustments annually.

• Participant
    xbladerunner on #45598

any update on this?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45601

Hi,
    There is no simple way around.

You can filter on ‘bp_get_messages_content_value’ and perhaps create a link with the content in the url but this is going to be a problematic.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘shortcode to pre-populate content of a private message’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved