BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Show Author Page on Buddypress Profile Tab

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    richard on #15485

Hello there. Can you help me,please?
    I redirected WordPress Author Archive to BuddyPress Profile.(great! thanks)
    And I want to show Author Archive Page on Buddypress Profile (Posts). I don’t want to allow Users to blog Fontend. Just Show Author Archive like this

Example here: I used Photoshop =))
    https://i.imgur.com/R3YVdSX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tXe6F2m.jpg

Thank you so much

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15488

Hi Richard,
    Thank you for posting.

The simple way to do it will be to use

1. BuddyBlog
    2. or Social Articles plugin.

Since your goal is to display posts and not allow editing from front end, you may disable the blog posting by roles(BuddyBlog has a setting for it).

Also, you will need to modify the template used for showing archive page in BuddyBlog(If you wanted to go with it), to make it look like yours.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    richard on #15493

Thank you for responding. You’re nice
    Actually I tried it. But I need to exactly display the author archive page on the Buddypress profile tab. Because it comes with post filter. Do you know how?
    Thank you so much.

• Participant
    richard on #15494

The First: When I read a Post,I click Author’s Post and It redirect WordPress Author Archive to BuddyPress Profile
    The 2nd: I want to exactly show Author Archive Page on Buddypress Profile tab. Like this https://i.imgur.com/tXe6F2m.jpg
    Thanks =)

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15496

Hi Richard,

I don’t see any existing plugin for that. You will need to write it yourself.

The way to do it will be to Create a BuddyPress Component, create a partial template based on your current archive and load it as the component page.

After that, you might need to implement the filters for post type. Since it is a custom layout, I am not sure any existing solution will fit directly. You can still adopt the above two plugins and slightly modify their behaviour.

For example:-
    1. If you are using BuddyBlog, There is a setting for this in BuddyBlog.

2. Since the BuddyBlog works with one post type, you can implement your own custom Query and override the posts loop by copying bddyblog/templates/buddyblog/posts.php to yourtheme/buddyblog/posts.php and implement the filter.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    richard on #15497

I had another solution. Thanks for your Help. You’re so nice!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15504

Glad that you found another solution. Marking it as resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Show Author Page on Buddypress Profile Tab’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved