BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Show bbPress reply form beneath each reply?

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Alayna on #3662

I am trying to make it so that when a user clicks “reply” to another reply under the topic, the reply form appears under the content that they want to reply to without refreshing. This website does it: http://highexistence.com/topic/friendship-is-an-illusion/

I imagine this is some use of ajax as I can see that the link is loaded but the page doesn’t refresh itself, the reply form just appears.

If it is possible, I just need a little guidance on how this can be achieved and I should be able to take it from there. Any help is appreciated!

• Participant
    Alayna on #3663
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3666

Hi Alayna,
    They are using bbPres ajax reply plugin.

Here is the link to the plugin
    https://github.com/aliso/bbpress-ajax-replies

Please do note that it will work if you have threaded comments enabled.

Hope that helps.
    Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Alayna on #3669

Hi Brajesh, it seems like that plugin gives the ajax functionality to the reply submit button. When you create a new reply, you click submit and it adds the reply without having to refresh the page. This is a great feature (I’ll probably add it too) but unfortunately not exactly what I’m looking for.

I think the reply form toggle is somewhere in a js file on their page. I tried taking a look at the events but can’t seem to pinpoint where it is coming from…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3670
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Alayna on #3686

Hi Brajesh,

Just an update: with your guidance, I was able to hire a developer to complete the task as it seemed to require more than I was able to do. Thank you very much for your help once again. 🙂

You can mark this as resolved!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Alayna.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3690

Thank you. I am glad you have resolved it now. Marking as closed.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JonWFergus on #5763

Hi. I’m looking for the exact same functionality as Alayna, and am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Unable to hire a developer, but am willing to roll up my sleeves and do some customizing if possible. Just not sure where to start. Any help would be much appreciated.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Show bbPress reply form beneath each reply?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved