BuddyDev

Search

Show custom field in post with BP Simple Front End Post

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Tiziano on #4214

Hello, BP Simple Front End Post supports custom taxonomies which is great. Is there a way to show the value inside the post once is published (maybe at the top of the content)? I’m using portfolio post type, users can select taxonomies (like skills, category, etc) but when the publish their post they cannot read any value…thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4217

Hi Tiziano,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

Please copy the wpc-ontent/plugin/buddyblog/templates/buddyblog folder to your current theme.

Now, you will see the posts.php and single.php. You can edit them as you like.

In future, we will add the tags in the template to list custom taxonomies.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tiziano on #4224

Hi Brajesh, thank you for your kind reply. Is there any documentation to do than with some code examples? Thank you so much, your plugin rocks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4249

Hi Tiziano,
    I am sorry but we don’t have much of the documentation available. I will explain the things here

1. The BuddyBlog uses 3 template files to generate the posts list, single post and Create/edit post screens

2. These three screens use 3 associated template files. BuddyBlog comes with the fallback templates but if a user keeps these templates in his/her theme the template files from theme are used.

3. To provide the templates, you will need to create a directory named “buddyblog” in your theme and put three files
    -buddyblog/posts.php – This file is used for listing all the posts
    -buddyblog/single.php – Displaying single post on the profile
    -buddyblog/edit.php for showing the new/edit post form

These files contain WordPress template tags specially the ones used in The Loop
    https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop

https://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags

To see the xact loop, Please check the corresponding file in wp-content/plugins/buddyblog/template/buddyblog directory. You can copy content from these files to your theme directory as explained above and modify as per your requirement.

As pre this thread’s requirement, all you need is to use the_terms() tag in the loop
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/the_terms

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Tiziano on #4265

Dear Brajesh, thank you for your great support. I’ll try to follow your instruction and let you know. I really like your plugin and hope you go ahead with it’s development.

Thanks!!
    Tiziano

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4279

Hi Tiziano,
    Thank you.

I am looking forward to your tests. Our team will certainly keep developing it 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved