BuddyDev

Search

Simple Front End Post

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    glenn nall on #3742

can someone who has successfully used Simple Front End Post PLEASE tell me exactly what file this function is to be placed, and approximately what line???

//now let us find the form and render it
    $form = bp_get_simple_blog_post_form(‘my form’);
    if ( $form ) {//if this is a valid form
    $form->show();//it will show the form
    }

he says “your template” but i don’t know what he means by that.

thanks so much for your help in advance.

GN

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3746

Hi Glenn,
    This function needs to be posted in the file where you want to display the new post/edit post form.

Here is how the Simple Front ENd post plugin works:-

1. A plugin/theme registers a form with various settings for the post form using `bp_new_simple_blog_post_form’

2. You will need to display the form somewhere. to display the form you use

$form = bp_get_simple_blog_post_form('my form');
    if ( $form ) {//if this is a valid form
     $form->show();//it will show the form
    }

We use the name of the form that we registered earlier. If you don’t have access to the template files, we can convert the code from second step to shortcodes and use it inside the post/page if needed.

Hope that helps.
    Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    glenn nall on #3751

“If you don’t have access to the template files”

this is my confusion – i’m guessing by template files you’re referring to those that are in folder /bcg…? i was successful by placing that function just after “do_action( ‘bp_before_group_blog_list’ )” in posts.php. the form appears in Groups now, under Blog/Create New Post – but when i got back to the Group the new post is in my activity and under Blog it STILL says “This group has no Blog posts” – aren’t the posts supposed to appear here…? i was hoping for that..

thanks for your help! the people over at buddypress forums (shanedp) are blind or rude.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3755

Hi Glenn,
    With the current version of the plugin, you do not need to copy the “bcg” folder. After activating plugin, please visit Settings->BLog Categories settings in the dashboard and there you can setup what is shown etc.

Please try configuring and let me know if it works or not?

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved