BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Site Notice to have topic kept centered, but message text aligned left

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Kristian Yngve on #22259

Hi there,

I am using the SIte Notice of BuddyPress, (and I am using it via a shortcode widget to display it where I want).

I am making the admin messages via the Site Notice within user, within my dash panel.

I simply am looking to have the Site Notice to have topic kept centered, but message text aligned left.

May I ask, how do I instruct that to happen?

• Participant
    Kristian Yngve on #22261

More info: Site Notices body text to be aligned left and able to have paragraphs

WP Version: WordPress 5.1.1
    BP Version: Version 4.2.0

Relates to Site notices found in Users, Site Notices:

How to have the message text entered left while keeping the topic title centered.

and also to be able to breakline to make another paragraph where one is made.

-> At the moment, all the body text gets clumped together and centered.

I believe from experience that it’s something that needs to go in my functions?

Thank you for your advice!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22266

Hi Kristian,
    Thank you for the question.

It seems to be related to CSS issue. If you can share me a screenshot ot link me to an example where I can see it, I can assist quickly.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kristian Yngve on #22271

Ah I got it, it’s becuase I’m using a short code to widget it in, so the CSS needed the short code, not the plugin name it’s self:

for anyone whom may find this useful, here is the CSS:

#bp_messages_sitewide_notices_widget-2 p, strong {
        text-align: left !important;
    } 

And Brajesh, thank you for getting back to me, I hope your users can benefit from this information. πŸ™‚

Kristian

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22272

Hi Kristian,
    Thank you for sharing.
    Glad you resolve it πŸ™‚

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Site Notice to have topic kept centered, but message text aligned left’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved