BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] [Site-wide Activity Plugin] Change Widget display

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Michel GREGOIRE on #147

Hi,

I need to reduce the text length of the “Show Activity Content” in the “Site Wide Activity” widget to 50 car.

As shown in the PDF here : http://www.voix-des-hyerois.fr/docs/Buddypress-Site-Wide-Activity-plugin-display-change.pdf

Many thanks for the help !

Regards

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #153

Hi Michel,
    Welcome to BuddyDev Forums.

I just looked at the pdf an I see you just want to shorten the displayed activity content.

At the moment, SWA uses normal BuddyPress ‘bp_activity_content_body’ method and we can filter on

bp_get_activity_content_body

The problem with this approach is we are not sure if the output is being generated by the BuddyPress or the SWA.

I think, SWA needs an update to cleanup the code too, so please allow me upto 8-12 hours and I will have this available as an option in the widget itself.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Michel GREGOIRE on #163

OK for the 8-12 hours !

I have also a request regarding the image display in SWA: Is it possible to add a

Hide/Display image option to the widget itself?

Regards

• Participant
    Michel GREGOIRE on #164
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #166

Hi Michel
    Thank you for the reply.

I went ahead with refactoring the SWA plugin so that we won’t have to worry about it next 2 years anymore.

I will put it anytime today. I am not sure If we need to put a filter for images but I will see. The images can be hidden case by case using css.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Michel GREGOIRE on #167

Hi Brajesh

About your saying regarding the image hiding case by case: it’s not possible to use css styling, because any specific css tag is dedicated to the image !
    🙁

Regards

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #168

Hi Michel,
    The CSS needed will only affect the SWA widget. We can specifically target the selectors, so that should not cause any problem.

• Participant
    Michel GREGOIRE on #171

Hi Brajesh

Many thanks for your implication !

Just a practical question:

“Which CSS selector have I I actually to use to hide the image case by case?”

Thanks a lot!

Regards

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #172

Hi Michel,
    I have pushed the update on wp.org. It will give you the option to limit content with number of words.

If you limit the content, It won’t show any image. All tags are stripped.

Please let me know if that works for you or not?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #179

Hi Michel,
    Just checking if you had the chance to upgrade to 1.3.0 and check the plugin?

Thank you
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] [Site-wide Activity Plugin] Change Widget display’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved