BuddyDev

Search

Sitewide Activity Widget

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Jose A Alvear on #11062

I am using BuddyPress on my website in addition to the Sitewide Activity Widget to display activity throughout the site. Unfortunately, I am having trouble with a “Privacy button” that is displaying on the widget which also does nothing when clicked. I would like to know how I can delete the privacy button on the widget. I’ve tried playing around with the options for the widget but I can’t seem to hide it (or make it useable).

When I click on Activity, the button is replaced by a lock icon/image which does allow users to change their privacy settings so I think the problem is with the widget. Has anyone else encountered this? Thanks!

Jose
    http://www.socialworkr.com

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11063

Hi Jose,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

Are you using any activity privacy plugin?

• Participant
    Jose A Alvear on #11064

No, I don’t have any that I installed. However in the options for the widget I turned off profile photo and then the photo was removed as well as the large Privacy Button. I would prefer to keep the profile photo however in the widget.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11065

Hi Jose,
    Can you please re enable everything and provide me a temporary subscriber account to check it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jose A Alvear on #11072
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11110
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Sheraton on #11190

HI, I have a install you (BuddyPress Limit Friendship) Plugin and it as a error. The error will not let you accept friend. We tested it, and found when we turn the plugin off everything works well with accepting new friends within Buddypress. When was the last the plugin was updated? Also on your free plugin do you update them?

Regards

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11191

Hi Sheraton,
    Thank you for purchasing.

That is the goal of the plugin to restrict friendship if the limit reaches. If the user wants to accept an already pending friendship, they will need to go below the limit by unfriending users.

If that is not happening, please open a new topic here.

About free plugins, The free plugins( most of them) get regular updates. You can check that at the bottom of the plugin page when they were last updated. I will put a page on our site to list the recently updated plugins to help our members.
    I will put it before the weekend(will be available under plugins menu).

@Jose
    Thank you.
    I have received your details. It’s diwali here so I haven’t been working. Will check in the late night and update you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved