BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Slight Issue With BuddyPress Member Types Pro

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Casper on #50095

Hi, I just purchased BuddyPress Member Types Pro a few hours ago. It seems to be working great so far. However, I added a Member Type field in Users –> Profile Fields –> New Field Group –> New Field –> Type –> Single Member Type –> Select Box –> Only Selected and then I have 5 different member types which I created and I selected them all. I then checked the box to use the field on the site registration form.

However, on the site registration form, the dropdown box is there, which is great, however theres a second box right below it. It’s another identical dropdown box right below the first with the same content (the 5 member type options). So obviously I wouldn’t want two of the same on the registration page. I went to “Inspect” the page, and I was able to correct the problem by editing the html code in inspect (basically removing the second occurance). The problem is, I don’t know where if anywhere I would go to access where that code is to recreate the edit I did in inspect on the actual backend of the site. I use a kleo wordpress theme and siteground for hosting. I tried going to some type of register.php file (my development experience is relatively limited, although with proper instructions I can edit code/files) and did not find the html code from inspect there.

I then inadvertantly noticed that as admin in the dashboard, when I go to users –> edit –> Extended Profile –> (and then the field that displays the member type) the double drop downs appear there as well (except in that section they are side by side, where as in the registration they are one below the other)

I’m not really worried about how it looks on the edit profile admin backend, because I have the field hidden from users on the front end anyway. Way more importantly is the repeating on the registration page. I’m open to any and all solutions whether it be a quick css to hide the second dropdown, to going to the backend files to edit the html, please let me know what you think and what the best solution could perhaps be. Thank you for your time in reading and your response will be much appreciated!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50096

Hi Casper,
    Thank you for purchasing from us.

Please visit Dashboard->Users->Profile Fields
    Let me know if you see multiple member type fields there? That could be one of the reason.

If not, Please let us know and we will test the same with Kleo theme.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Casper on #50097
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50104
  • Participant
    Casper on #50105
  • Participant
    Casper on #50107
  • Participant
    Casper on #50108
  • Participant
    Casper on #50109
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50110
  • Participant
    Casper on #50111

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Slight Issue With BuddyPress Member Types Pro’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved