BuddyDev

Search

Slow lightbox load with lots of images in gallery

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #12864

The lightbox loads very slowly when there are lots of images in a particular gallery. The effect is that a user clicks a single image, expecting it to “pop up”. Nothing happens for quite some time, there is no feedback whatsoever, and only eventually does the entire gallery contents load into the lightbox.

I realize the lightbox user is *also* expecting to be able to scroll left and right through the images. However, the initial effect is of “nothing happening” for quite some time.

I’d suggest a better method to load the lightbox would be to load the image, with maybe one image either side of it. And to load other images further left and right, depending on the direction of scroll.

It’s clear this is more work than it sounds, to implement, but the current situation is untenable with large galleries.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12867

Hi Richard,
    Thank you.
    Yes, I was expecting this will happen one day with larger galleries and the lightbox.

You are correct about loading only prev/next in one go. I will look into it and will try to get asap.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Vivekanand Saraswati on #16908

Hi Brajesh,

Any update regarding this, I am also facing same problem.

Thank You,
    Vivekanand Saraswati

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16921

Hi Vivekanand,
    Thank you for posting.

I could not work on this issue but I will do next week. It has an easy fix now and we have a proper working lightbox in MediaPress now.

All I need to do is fetch paginated results and append on reaching last. I will have an implementation next week.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Vivekanand Saraswati on #16927

Thank Brajesh,

I will be wait for updated version.

Regards,
    Vivekanand Saraswati

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved