BuddyDev

Search

Social Registration / Login

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24561

Hi Brajesh,

I want to have a Social registration and login on my site. What one would you recommend? Will it work with your registration page etc?

Many thanks,
    Mike

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24562

PS I’m not asking you to do the research for me, I just wonder if you know a good one that is compatible with your plugins. If not I will trial some 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24567

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for the question.
    I don’t have any specific preference at the moment. In past, I used WordPress social login by Miled. It does not seem to be maintained anymore.

My suggestion will be to look for BuddyPress Compatibility/Data import in any of the social login plugin you select.

Please do let me know which one you went with.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24623

I researched a few and I’m trialling Super Socializer (free). It is excellent so far, very comprehensive and states that it is Buddypress and Multisite compatible. Also: “Sync social profile data with BuddyPress XProfile fields”.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/super-socializer/

I have spotted a minor issue and informed the developer. We can’t “Delete Social Profile” from within Buddypress (it needs access to the WordPress dashboard at present). Let’s see if they respond well.

It is working really well on my site, it pulls in the Member’s avatar from their social profile. Additionally, it enables my existing Members (that I imported using csv files) to simply log in without concerning about their passwords being new in this new website.

Initially I had a site crash. Not when I first installed but when I saved the setting for Social Login. I didn’t know how to get back in my site other than renaming the plugin’s folder using ftp. I then enabled debugging and re-enabled the plugin. The issue was that my Membership plugin also has social commenting so there was a conflict, namely:

Fatal error: Cannot declare class TwitterOAuth, because the name is already in use in (name of membership plugin’s file).

Thankfully, I can disable this aspect of my membership plugin. I have let the developer know in case they want to work around that. It may not be possible to always disable other plugins that require TwitterOAuth.

All looking great. Next, I want to implement your Ajax Registration and see if it will integrate well.

I’ll keep reporting on this plugin in this thread.

Edited to add: Admin can also delete the User’s Social Profile (ie removing their social login) from the backend User editor.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24627

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for sharing your experience.

I amnoting the plugin. It will help us as well as others looking for similar solution. Knowing that it allows connecting account with image and has option for fetching/updating xprofile data, It seems to have a huge advantage.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved