Tagged: BuddyPress moderation
Your BP moderation plugin really is great and fills a huge gap with BP.
Just a few suggestions for additional features:
Could you please record the username of the person making the report.
When we moderate the reported activity could there be a form field to enter the reasons for our decision – then these reasons could be added to the log and also emailed to the person making the report and the person reported. Perhaps have a checkbox as to whether to notify the complainer and the person reported to keep everyone happy with flexibility.
At the moment it seems all the notices about moderation and reports are only sent via email – could they also be sent by BP private messages to make sure the person gets them.
It would be great if when a report is made if additional users could be notified of the report – eg we may have additional moderators to notify who can then assess the report.
There is a new plugin out recently called Uncanny Automator which is terrific – would be great to make the moderation plugin work with this plugin so we could then trigger a notification on our phone through pushover or similar when a report is made.
Thank you for some great suggestions.
1. Could you please record the username of the person making the report. – It is already recorded. We record the user’s ID which can be used to retrieve any information about the user.
2. Option for recording reason:- It’s a great suggestion and I will have it in the next update. Should the checkbox override the default setting for notification?
3. Notices by BuddyPress private Message:- The private message needs sender to be a user. It also needs receiver to be a user. Also, the users need to be able to access their profile. It won’t work with us.
a. A reporter can be a non logged user(if enabled)
b. A user may be blocked from accessing their own profile/logging to the site based on moderation setting.
Since the BuddyPress work flow is incomplete without email(registration activation, password retrieval and almost all other thing), we believe email is good enough and adding a private message will be burden.
If it is highly critical requirement, please get in touch via our custom project request page and we can create a custom addon.
4. It would be great if when a report is made if additional users could be notified of the report
It already does. All admins get notified of the report(if you have more than one admin). I am adding the option to specify extra emails in next update(also option to control if all admins should get the notifications).
5. Automator plugin:- It is very new and not generally available. We will see where it goes by early next year and then plan accordingly.
Thanks for the reply. I now understand about email – I thought all BP communities would have people logged in but seems not.
In terms of notifying reason I think it should override the default but I’m not too fussy as my default is to notify.
I shall let members know that they need to have their email current and working if they want to be kept informed of moderation.
I have just recently bought the Uncanny Automator myself so look forward to it growing. I already have, love and use extensively WP Fusion and it works alongside that for more power.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.