BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Still facing the problem with a little dot on the single message page

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #30989

Hi there, sorry for this duplicate issue thread, but the old thread is closed.

I’m back to core BP messages, and I’m still facing the problem with a little dot which has the class a.button.confirm on the single message page.

https://imgur.com/inTdSJ5

Ravi wrote:
    How are you adding that delete link as that code is not present in above-mentioned code? Please let me know, Are you having any kind of code in “bp-custom.php” or theme “functions.php” file for adding that delete button.

https://imgur.com/VLOgeWN

This delete link is added by a hook element:

<a class="button confirm" href="<?php bp_the_thread_delete_link(); ?>"><?php _e( 'Delete', 'buddypress' ); ?> </a>

If I deactivate this element, the dot is still there. So the Delete button can be ruled out.

I also delete the single/messages/single.php in my child theme, with same result.

I’m not able to get more information about it in the inspector, any idea how to get rid of this element?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30993

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for the post.

I tried checking it on your site but seems that my account lack ability to send messages there. Please send me a message on your site and let me know. I will like to see it in action.

If I can see it, I will have a better idea of what might be happening.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #31001

Hi Brajesh, thanks for checking this out, please try to send a message again, I think the message limiter was on.

I’ll send you a message

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31032

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you.

No, the message compose is not working for my account. Please try logging with my account. I haven’t change the credentials.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #31036
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31046
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    calu on #31080

Hi Brajesh, you are right, the issue came from the delete button code, thanks a lot for helping out

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31084

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for confirming.

I am glad that the problem is resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved