BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Subscribers not allowed to upload media

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Bart on #48909

Hi,

I’ve installed buddypress and mediapress and imported users. All users have the Subscriber role. When I’m logged in as an Admin I can create galleries on all user buddypress profile pages and upload images to them.
    When I’m logged in as an (imported) user however I can view and create galleries on the user’s profile, but I can not upload images to a gallery.
    I’ve tried adding the upload_files capability to subscribers, but this does not fix the problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best, Bart

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48914

Hi Bart,
    Thank you for using MediaPress.

The plugin allows users to upload to their own activity.
    Do you see nay error when uploading as the subscriber? Can you please check browser console and share me any error log available. That will help me assist you better.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Bart on #48934

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for your quick reply.
    To be clear. My objective is for subscribers to be able to upload to a gallery on their own profile. The activity feed is not active on this site.

When I upload an image to a user gallery as an admin I get no error message in the console and see a 200 reply for the admin-ajax.php request generated by the upload.

When I upload an image to a user gallery as a subscriber I get an error in the console “MPP: Error occurred during uploading. Please try again later” (I translated this error message from Dutch, so the exact English version might be slightly different). An upload as a subscriber also results in a 302 reply from admin-ajax.php. The request is initiated by moxie.min.js.

Best, Bart

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48938

Hi Bart,
    Thank you for the details.
    Do you have a staging site? If yes, Please provide me a temporary guest account(subscriber user without any privilege).
    I will like to take a look quickly and see if I can find some reason.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Bart on #48940
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48942
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48947

Marking resolved as the issue was not related to MediaPress and was resolved.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Subscribers not allowed to upload media’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved