BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Support for BP Events Calendar?

Tagged: , ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #18276

Hi

I use the Modern Tribe’s Events Calendar together with the BP Events Calendar plugin from WPdrift (https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-events-calendar/).

It works perfect in other themes but in the Community Builder theme, but I’m not able to attach a group to an event.

Is it possible you could support this awesome plugin or point me to another solution?

I can see that Community Builder has some built-in support for the Events Manager plugin. I have tried that plugin but I don’t think it works as good as The Events Calendar.

Best regards
    Torben

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18277

Hi Torben,
    Thank you for asking.

I was not aware of the BP Events calendar plugin . I will give it a shot over the weekend and will certainly add support for groups if it allows.

I will be posting back on it on Monday.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #18283

Hi Brajesh

Again, thank you for a quick and positive answer. I’m looking forward to hear from you again.

All the best
    Torben

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18395

Hi Torben,
    Thank you for the suggestion to support these plugins. I checked and it was a simple conflict between our selectbox styling plugin and the selectbox2.

I have fixed it in the theme(and it will be automatically appilied on new installs). For already existing sites, please visit Appearance->Customize->Advance Settings->Misc section and in that section you will find the box
    Exclude Selectbox Styling. Please add the following selector after a comma like

,.tribe-community-event-info select

To that list and save. It will fix the selectbox issues.

There are two other problems:- The layouts for “Events List and Add Event Page breaks”
    It is due to a bug in BP Evenets Calendar plugin.

Please pen bp-events-calander/templates/bpec-event-form.php and you will see a line at the bottom like this

</div><!-- .bp-events ->

change it to

</div><!-- .bp-events -->

In the same way, Please open bp-events-calendar/templates/bpec-event-list.php and at the bottom you will see the same

</div><!-- .bp-events ->

Please change to

</div><!-- .bp-events -->

The plugin did not close the html comment tag properly and that leads to page layout break. We fix it by closing the comments properly.

Hope it helps.

Please let me know it works for you or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #18400

Thanks a lot, you are awesome Brajesh!!!

It works now after following your directions, but unfortunately, there might still be a problem with BP Events Calendar! When I fill out the form and choose a group, I can save the event but only as a draft. If I edit the event from the backend and saves it there without any further editing, then the event is ok.

It is definitely not a theme issue, so I might try to contact the developer I’m afraid. In worst case, I might return to the other events plugin Events Manager although I don’t like it as much as The Events Calendar.

But thanks again for your work 🙂

Torben

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18410

Hi Torben.
    Thank you for the kind words.

I am sorry about the issue. When you contact them, please do let them know about the html comment issue too.

Also, If they are unable to assist you, before going back to Events Manager, Please let me know. I might be able to update the plugin and you won’t have to go back to Events Manager.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #18411

Hi again

I have found out that the BP Events Calendar saves all user-submitted events as draft, so it’s not actually a bug. But it would be nice if I could change the status myself, since I’m not aware of that the Events Calendar sends email notifications to site admins about events that needs to be published.

I have submitted some support tickets at the plugin page including the bug you found:
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bp-events-calendar

Thanks
    Torben

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18414

Hi Torben,
    Thank you for the details.

I can look into it at the weekend. It is certainly doable.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #18415

Hi

That would be awesome, but I will not take all your time. You have done more than I could have dreamed of already 🙂

If all developers was like you, I could really get something done by the end of the day 🙂

/Torben

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18421

Hi Torben,
    Thank you for the kind words.

It is a pleasure assisting.

Best Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved