BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Suspended users can still be messaged through REST API

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Nifty on #44911

Hi Brajesh,

We’ve tried to get it to work, but unfortunately messages are still able to be sent to suspended users. Messages appear as “normal” within the thread, and the non-suspended user doesn’t receive any error messages. By default, this also means that the suspended user still receives emails notifying them of any new messages.

To be sure, we re-saved all plugin settings. We have also tried to remove all functions.php/bp-custom.php code, turned off plugins, etc. but we are still unable to get it to work. The REST API still responds as normal. This has been confirmed through the use of Postman.

Thank you. 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #44912

Hi Nifty,
    the update restricts the suspended users from Sending message. It does not restrict any suspended users from receiving the message.

Let us assume that there are 5 users in a thread and one of the user is marked as suspended, what do you want in this case? Please let me know and I will have more ideas then.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Nifty on #44975

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your help and clarification, and sorry for taking a while to get back to you.

After further consultation, our app developer should be able to use your recent changes to fit our specific needs by checking if a user has been suspended and preventing messaging accordingly. We’ve got some more testing to do, but so far, it’s going well.

Thanks again. 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #44984

Hi,
    Thank you.

I am glad you have got it working by slightly changing the strategy.

Please do let me know if you need any further change from us.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved