BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] synchronizing Member Types with WP Roles

Tagged: , ,

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    glenn nall on #3778

is there a way to write a function that will attach a new user to a Member Type according to which WP Role they choose upon registration – or perhaps vice versa, where when they choose a Member Type it the they can also be given a WP Role…? or any combination of the above – EVEN IF I have to create multiple forms for each Role wherein the corresponding Type can be applied…?

or maybe someone knows a plugin that might do this…?

• Participant
    glenn nall on #3779

what i mean is, apply both a Role and Member Type to a new user when they register… or sync them after they register without doing it manually, of course.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3789

Hi Glenn,
    We will update our Member type generator plugin this week to add this functionality. It is a good one.

• Participant
    glenn nall on #3795

that sounds very exciting, Brajesh – i hope you’ll let me know when it’s published? will it be just an plugin update? if this is the case, i will just settle with manually applying Member Types to new users until the sync is available.

thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3796

Hi Glenn,
    I will certainly let you know. Yes, It will be an update for our member type generator plugin.

• Participant
    Riaz on #4311

Thanks Brajesh. It will be a great addition

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4341

Thank you. It is a little bit delayed but I hope to find some time soon and will do it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Riaz on #4430

Thanks, will wait with for this enhancement.

• Participant
    Riaz on #4597

Brajesh Sir, Any update on this.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    xmginc on #10952

Hi Brajesh,

This would be a great addition to a multiblog enabled multisite – I’m wondering if this would be possible thanks!

The topic ‘ [Resolved] synchronizing Member Types with WP Roles’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved