BuddyDev

Search

Tab Visibility

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Samuel Stacey on #36194

Is there a way to modify the tab visibility settings? I need a setting where a tab is visible only to the group Organizers and Moderators.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36196

Hi Samuel,
    Yes, the Profile Tabs Creator and the Group Tabs creator pro both allow you to change the visibility settings.

There is one limitation though. They can help you tighten the visibility but can not ease it.

For example, if a tab is visible to all, you can restrict it to some role. But if a tab is limited to certain roles, you can not ease the availability and make it available for all.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Samuel Stacey on #36198

If I set Tab Visibility to “Group Admin Only”, will that exclude Group Moderators from seeing the tab?

Setting the Tab Visibility to “Members Only” seems to be the only other option. UI-wise it does not make sense to make the tab visible if the user will not be able to use it.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36199

Hi Samuel,
    Thank you for the reply.

Yes, setting it to “Group Admin Only” will only allow access to Group admin users. The moderators and members won’t be able to access it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Samuel Stacey on #36200

I tested my theory, it seems that is the case. All members of the group can see the additional tabs but get a 404 when they click on it.

Appreciate if you can offer a solution because this is the interaction we want on our site.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36202

Hi Samuel,
    Please link me to a screenshot showing the top level tab’s visibility/availability setting.

If it is group admin only, normal members should not be able to see it. If they are seeing it, It must be a bug.

Are you adding the additional tabs via the group tabs pro or modifying it using this plugin?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Samuel Stacey on #36223
  • Participant
    Samuel Stacey on #36224

We want the tab to be visible to both Organizers and Moderators.

• Participant
    Samuel Stacey on #36225

This user is a group moderator. The tabs are not visible to her.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/67dwajvYXtM8iFT18

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36232

Hi Samuel,
    Thank you.

It is expected as the tab was marked for group admin only.
    We need to add a new access level for the moderator. Please allow me to push an update this week with the new level.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved