BuddyDev

Search

Testimonials visible for Friends only

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    HansRuedi Keller on #1005

Hi Brajesh,

Would be nice if you extend “BuddyPress User Testimonials” v1.0.6 in the front-end with a checkbox / with functionality “Visible for Friends only” – other words: the moment the recipient of a testimonial is able to “Delete” or “Approve” he/she should also be able to decide if that text will be public or “Visible for Friends only”; so the checkbox could be part of div.testimonial-action (placed between “Delete” and “Approve”)… I will send you a screenshot by email.

Thanks, Hans

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1012

Hi Hans,
    Thank you for the idea.

I had a look at the screenshot and all looks good to me. My only concern is time at the moment. The testimonials are included in the comments table, so we can store the privacy as meta. We might have some issues in listing the testimonials though.

To be honest, I consider it a good idea but I may not be able to implement it in next 2 weeks due to lack of time and other priorities. If it is feasible for you to ping me in 2 weeks, i will be happy to have it.

PS: The B’day widget is coming on Monday for sure.

• Participant
    HansRuedi Keller on #1400

Hi Brajesh,

You wrote “We might have some issues in listing the testimonials though.” – why not add a section in sub-tabs where you have my-testimonial and pending-testimonials, a new one called “Testimonials for Friends”?

The string “Viewing testimonial %1$s to %2$s (of %3$s active testimonials)” could be changed to “…(of %3$s public testimonials)” and the new one would be “…(of %3$s testimonials for friends)”.

Thanks, Hans

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1403

Hi Hans,
    I will certainly work on this feature in future but can not do so before the second week of December.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    HansRuedi Keller on #1407

Hi Brajesh,
    That’s not a problem. We have time – I don’t push you. Thanks again for all your work!
    Hans

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1408

Thank you Hans.
    Please do make sure to favorite the topic to keep a track in future. I have already added it to my favorite so that I don’t miss it in future.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved