BuddyDev

Search

The BP Menus PERSONAL MENTIONS FAVOURITES FRIENDS GROUPS

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Daniel on #46415

Hi,

I figured out that the BP menus PERSONAL MENTIONS FAVOURITES FRIENDS GROUPS on top of the activity wall show all the same content.

Do you might have a clue what could cause this problem?

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards
    Daniel

• Participant
    Daniel on #46416
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46423

Hi Daniel,
    Please switch the theme. You are using an unsupported theme and my guess is it might have stopped working with current version of BuddyPress.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #46431

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I am unable to switch the theme, I have tried already a few times. After I switched the theme, then the data of the users didn’t migrate into the new theme, it just created a mess on the website and I had to switch it back.

I have figured out that when clicking on the tabs, mentions, favourites, friends and groups, it always shows the personal tab instead. I have now hidden the tabs due that there is no function.

Just one more question. To delete an activity, the user needs to go to the personal tab to delete the activity, the user can delete the activity on “Your Stream” tab only for 5min after posting, then the button disappears. Can I make the delete button appear all the time on “Your Stream” in order that the user doesn’t need to go to Personal tab to delete it?

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46433

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you for the reply.

BuddyPress does not limit the time for deleting an activity or place. The link appears ebvereywhere applicable. Please check if you are using one of plugins to achieve that or probably your theme is limiting the link availability.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #46434

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your feedback.

In fact I am using the plugin written by you:

Facebook Like User Activity Stream For BuddyPress

So when the user posts something, he can delete it right after posting, but then when refreshing the site, the delete button disappears and is only visible when navigating to Personal tab.

Only admin sees the button all the time also on “Your Stream” but not the user. I believe that it’s the plugin which makes it appear this way and not the theme.

Do you might have a clue how I can change it to make it visible everywhere?

Thank you.

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46468

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the reply.

That would be very strange if the plugin did that. I will check the code and get back to you in couple of hours.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46485

Hi Daniel,
    I had a look.

The plugin does filter on the delete link on user profile.

Here is the code for that

// let us apply our mod.
    		if ( ( is_user_logged_in() && $activity->user_id == bp_loggedin_user_id() ) || is_super_admin() ) {
    			return $del_link;
    		}

it simple enabled the delete link for user’s own activity or if the site admin is logged. It does not affect the link in any other way.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #46513

Hi Brajesh,

Yes that’s correct and it’s what I said as well. On the Profile Tab, the user can always find the delete button and delete any of his posts. But I am using the Facebook Stream plugin from BuddyDev and this is the landing page of the user after he logs in, and the user only can delete the post directly after posting and when refreshing the page, the delete button disappears on all of his posts on the Facebook stream, so the user needs to go extra to the Profile tab to delete any of his posts which is not logic and a hassle for the user because the user also does not know that he needs to navigate to the Personal tab to delete his posts. – Only admin sees the delete button on the Facebook Stream all the time but not the user.

Would it be possible to create a code in order that also the user sees the delete button on the Facebook stream at all times for his own posts in order that he can delete them if he wants?

Thank you indeed for your support.

Regards
    Daniel

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Daniel.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46515

Hi Daniel,
    Please check my reply again.

The plugin does not stop user’s from deleting their own activity. A stream of user may contain activities by other users(hi network) and the user should not be able to delete other’s activity. That’s what this plugin does. It does not prevent users from deleting their own activity.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved