BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] The plugin causes a critical site error

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47187

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

I am sorry, the ‘HTTP Error’ is a generic message and does not give any pointer about the error. My guess is WordPress is not allowing file due to MIME type. We are delegating the check/upload to WordPress and I don’t see any other reason for it.

If you can provide some sample media that can help us re-create this issue, I can check and update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Vladi on #47196

I can make a screencast, but how to send it.
    That’s the thing, WordPress accepts all files, but MediaPress only accepts some

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47197

Hi Vladi,
    for the audio, I need at least 1 sample file that did not upload. You can share via google drive or any of the free file sharing service.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Vladi on #47199
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47201

Hi,
    Your first file worked fine for me. I was able to upload as well as play it in the activity stream.

I was not able to download second file as It has access restrictions but I guess that is not even needed.

My suggestion is to enable WP_DEBUG an try uploading and sharing the debug log. something on your server could be causing it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Vladi on #47202

I would also think that the problem is in the server or theme or some plugin, but the thing is that, for example through usifai all the files are loaded without errors and through wordpress itself when you add files to the media library everything is also loaded. But there is just some kind of a mystery. If all the mp3 did not download, it would be understandable, but some are loaded, others are not, it’s strange and I can not figure out what it depends, because there must be some reason

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved