Ah, the loop-topics loop does not use bbp_has_topic

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1660

In that case we can put the following

<?php if ( bbp_has_topics() ) : ?>

//our loop code here..

<?php endif;?>

Please don’t forget the changes I mentioned.

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #1662

Yes that works, I have my forum list followed by Activity, Now I need to change the formatting somehow to stop the two lists flowing into each other.

One thing, some of my groups do not have a forum, will this cause an error in what we have created?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1663

Hi George,
    Thank you for confirming.

It won’t cause error but will list recent topics which is not a great thing to do.

The better strategy will be doing like

<?php if( ! empty( $forum_id) && bbp_has_topics( array( 'post_parent' => $forum_id )  ) ) :?>

//show loop
    <?php endif;?>

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Venutius on #1664

There must be an error in that code as I’m getting nothing displayed now, not even an error

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1665

Are you using my previous code to get the $forum_id before using the above snippet. If not, then that’s why It is happening.

• Participant
    Venutius on #1666

I revert back to the previous working code and I’m getting some odd behaviour on wider testing, it seems the topic list is showing all topics for all forums. Previously I only had one group with a forum and a couple of test topics, so the topic list showed correctly. However now that I’ve set up a second group with a forum and test topic I can see that I am seeing all topics for both forums in the forum topic list on the group homepage.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1667

Can you please post the code here( only till the bbp_has_topics() ) code block. No need to post the content inside the loop. Most probably you are not passing the forum id.

• Participant
    Venutius on #1668

“Are you using my previous code to get the $forum_id before using the above snippet. If not, then that’s why It is happening.”

I did have it before but I switched it to after and I still get a blank page

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1669

Hi George,
    Please post the code. That will allow me to help you better.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved