BuddyDev

Search

Tweak and disable buddypress notifications

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #49274

Hello,

Please how can I only disable buddypress notification without disabling the corresponding email notifications.

If I disable the notification component internal notifications and email notifications are disabled but I only want to disable internal notification and not email notifications

1. Completely remove notification tab
    2. disable recording of internal notifications
    3. still enable all email notifications

Thanks

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #49276

Hello Tosin,

Thank you for posting here. The BuddyPress plugin handles internal and email notifications separately. So, You can deactivate the notification module.

For e.q.

// Record internal notifications
    add_action( 'friends_friendship_requested', 'bp_friends_friendship_requested_notification', 10, 3 );
    // Sends email notifications
    add_action( 'friends_friendship_requested', 'friends_notification_new_request', 10, 3 );

Please check and let me know what type of notifications you are dealing with.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Tosin on #49277

I want to disable the notification component from the settings but still enable email notifications for the following

ENABLE EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FOR
    1. Private messages
    2. Activity – @mentions
    3. Activity – A member replies to an update or comment you’ve posted

Please note that I still want users to have access to the email notification settings. I noticed that disabling the notification component would also remove the email notification settings for the 3 items stated above

• Participant
    Tosin on #49278

Alternatively how can I disable all internal recording of notifications in database while leaving the notification component enabled, so now all email notifications settings would be enabled

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved