Thanks for developing such a powerful plugin for us to use. I already used it in my site and it’s really handy and convenient.
Based on my usage experience, I would like to suggest two ideas for add-on of MediaPress. Probably they’re useful, make MediaPress more powerful and cover more areas and functions.
1. Adding a Featured Photo Widget
For better displaying the documents/tables/photos etc., could you think about adding a function about displaying several selected featured photos as a widget? I suppose it’s better to have it especially with BuddyPress. Just imaging if a user uploads her own photos and what to show some of them, it’s great to have a widget for her to show them.
2. Well, for this idea, probably it’s only useful to me. I want to integrate some online drawing tool into WordPress and link with MediaPress which means when my users finish drawing something, the generated photos will be saved to MediaPress directly.
Could you provide some general ideas about that?
Thank you very much and hope you will consider about them above.
1. I am completely in favor of this. I am not sure how will we allow users to mark a media as featured though. using buttons? on Edit Gallery page? or on Media List page?
2. It is easily doable. Here are the steps(but dependent on your provider)
a). Get the final drawing from the user. Convert it to png and save it to WordPress media library. Once in the library, Mark the media as MediaPress media(I will provide code for the last step). If the drawing tools support this kind of export using js(I used fabricjs in past and It supported this), It can be accomplished.
Thanks for your reply.
1. I think it’s better to add it on Media List page, probably with multi-choice selections.
2. Actually I tried this online tool: http://literallycanvas.com/. I checked their document about exporting images: http://literallycanvas.com/api/LiterallyCanvas.html#exporting-images. But I don’t know whether it can be used for MediaPress.
Could you check that for me please?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.