BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] [UPDATED] Error 404 when joining a private group

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jaume Aragay on #5596

As admin or not, in the groups list page the membership request button works properly. When clicked, it stays on the same page, changes it’s name and the request is done to the group BUT the same button in the group’s front page instead of staying on the same page, changing it’s name and doing the request it tries to move to the new page on the link and shows the 404 error.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5599

Hi Jaume,
    Are you using any group specific plugin? There is nothing wrong on the front end using a different URL, that allows to write some message/intro for the user.

Have you tried by disabling all pluging and keeping BuddyPress active only?

• Participant
    Jaume Aragay on #5632

Both buttons have the same link: http://my-domain.com/groups/my-group-name/request-membership?_wpnonce=0123456789.

The one on the Groups List Page does not move to a new page. The one on the Group’s Front Page tries to open the link instead of acting on it. It seems jquery or something else “catches” the first link action and processes it while the second button’s action does not get caught and opens a new page with the 404 error.

I was just curious… Could you try it in any of your installs to see if it has the same error, please?

I’ve solved it just hiding the button that does not work on the group page. The users can ask to join from the groups list page! 😉

If you don’t want to give it a try, just mark this topic as closed. I’ve removed the error (hiding the faulty button). Enough for me right now! 😉

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5633

Hi Jaume,
    I had checked it on my latest WordPtress/BuddyPress install before commenting. Please see the screeen here. I just checked again.

http://imgur.com/a/lWHlj

I am glad it is workable for you at the moment but I still suggest checking for plugin conflict.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jaume Aragay on #5646
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Jaume Aragay on #5647

There was a plugin collision. I removed the other (old) plugin and it works properly now.

Thanks for your time, Brajesh! 😉

The topic ‘ [Resolved] [UPDATED] Error 404 when joining a private group’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved