BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Updating Plugins

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nicholas Coupland on #185

Hello,

Just wanted to check before I updated some plugins. Do I just FTP and delete the old plugin folder and replace them with the new plugin folder?

It’s for bp-profile-visibility and buddypress-message-privacy

Cheers,
    Nick

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #186

Hi Nick,
    Welcome back.

We have introduced auto updater for seamless upgrading of BuddyDev plugin. Please install this plugin

https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddydev-dashboard/

Make sure to enter your API Keys( required for updating premium plugins, free plugins can be updated without any API Key) and you can upgrade the plugins like any other plugin. It integrates to the WordPress upgrade routine.

Here is a helpful guide on configuring

https://buddydev.com/docs/guides/account/buddydev-dashboard/installing-configuring-buddydev-dashboard/

Please do let me know if this works for you or not?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nicholas Coupland on #187

Thank you for the quick reply. I also run the WPMU DEV dashboard on my site. Will these play nice together? So is a manual updated out of question as I would rather run as little number of plugins on this site as possible.

thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #188

Hi Nick,
    Thank you for the prompt reply.
    You can manually update by deleting old plugin and uploading the new using ftp if you want to do so.

The BuddyDev dashboard will not add any overhead like the other one. It uses minimum resource and that too only when WordPress checks for update.

You can choose anyway to update.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #194

Hi Nick,
    Were you able to update the plugins? Which route your preferred and did you face any issues? If it is not too much, please do let me know .

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nicholas Coupland on #249

Hi Brajesh,

I ended up just updating them manually. I have been using wordpress for a very long time and was comfortable to use this medthod. I had no issues at all.

Thanks
    Nick

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #250

Hi Nick,
    Thank you for the reply.

Good to know that things went well 🙂
    Closing this topic now.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Updating Plugins’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved