Tagged: buddydev, buddydev-dashboard, updates
- Nicholas Coupland on August 24, 2015 at 7:58 pm #185
Just wanted to check before I updated some plugins. Do I just FTP and delete the old plugin folder and replace them with the new plugin folder?
It’s for bp-profile-visibility and buddypress-message-privacy
- Brajesh Singh on August 24, 2015 at 8:06 pm #186
We have introduced auto updater for seamless upgrading of BuddyDev plugin. Please install this plugin
Make sure to enter your API Keys( required for updating premium plugins, free plugins can be updated without any API Key) and you can upgrade the plugins like any other plugin. It integrates to the WordPress upgrade routine.
Here is a helpful guide on configuring
Please do let me know if this works for you or not?
- Nicholas Coupland on August 24, 2015 at 8:13 pm #187
Thank you for the quick reply. I also run the WPMU DEV dashboard on my site. Will these play nice together? So is a manual updated out of question as I would rather run as little number of plugins on this site as possible.
- Brajesh Singh on August 24, 2015 at 8:19 pm #188
Thank you for the prompt reply.
You can manually update by deleting old plugin and uploading the new using ftp if you want to do so.
The BuddyDev dashboard will not add any overhead like the other one. It uses minimum resource and that too only when WordPress checks for update.
You can choose anyway to update.
- This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Brajesh Singh.
- Brajesh Singh on August 26, 2015 at 10:10 am #194
Were you able to update the plugins? Which route your preferred and did you face any issues? If it is not too much, please do let me know .
- Nicholas Coupland on August 28, 2015 at 3:47 pm #249
I ended up just updating them manually. I have been using wordpress for a very long time and was comfortable to use this medthod. I had no issues at all.
- Brajesh Singh on August 28, 2015 at 4:06 pm #250
Thank you for the reply.
Good to know that things went well 🙂
Closing this topic now.
The topic ‘ [Resolved] Updating Plugins’ is closed to new replies.